Thursday, September 22, 2016

Transforming the Back Bedroom

All right guys. I did it. Well, I almost did it.
What I mean is the back bedroom is almost ready to be my very own writing space. My sister came over yesterday to help me clean out and clean up our back bedroom. This is the rom we put things we don't want to deal with. This is the room that old Christmas boxes or wrapping paper go to collect dust. When I have packaging to a small appliance or similar object, the paperwork and container go to live here until the next time I clean out the room.
As such the room becomes a disaster area. I probably last cleaned out that room at Christmas? So we are 10 months into operation look like a hoarder.
My sister and I took a box of large trash bags and threw away junk we didn't need or that was broken. We also sorted many things into a garage sale pile. Goodwill or another thrift store will also be receiving a hefty donation.
Also, last summer my parents' basement flooded and some boxes of keepsakes were thrust upon me. I guess I can't store my stuff at my parents' house forever. Those items finally found homes and were stored properly.
Here is what the room looked like as a disaster zone. Please don't judge me.


 Half of this was empty boxes. The other half were clothes that needed donating. Some of it was also three or four very large items surrounded by empty boxes and clothese that needed donating.
Several hours later we were left with a space that looked more like humans live there.



As you can see the space is much, much better. I still need to oragnize my desk (the cream colored one in the corner) and our printer cart. My husband's desk is the wood one against the wall next to the closet. It's a hopeless mess of Transformers figurines and Mustang magazines. I am not even going to bother with it. But now I can access all of my pretty books (not pictured ona a huge floor to ceiling bookcase on the opposite wall) and soon I will have my writing space ready to go! Bring on NaNoWriMo 2016

What do you think of my progress? Please don't judge my pre-cleaning disaster area photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment